Child Care Providers
>Resources for Parents
>Other Financial Resources
>How to Register
>Links & Other Resources
Have openings in your child care program?
As openings or changes occur, please contact us toll free at (866)511-2244 to update your file in our referral database.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to get an application:
- Applications are available from September 1 to September 25. The deadline to apply is September 25.
- Email Tina at email@example.com to have an application emailed or mailed to you
- Call Tina at (800)292-5437 to have an application mailed or emailed to you
- Attend a grant workshop in August to receive your application early!
- What kinds of things can I apply for?
- What kinds of things should I NOT apply for?
You cannot apply for home improvements or a new addition to your home. Your request must be directly related to child care, and must meet the priorities.
- If I am awarded a grant, how will I receive the money?
All grants are paid on a reimbursement basis. You will be notified of award/denial on November 1. You will be reimbursed only for purchases made after November 1 (the date of the award letter) and after all grant requirements have been met.
- If I receive a grant, are there any requirements that I have to meet?
Yes. You will be required to complete a certain amount of training. Click here to see the training requirements. You also will be required to join the Registry at the MN Center for Professional Development.
- How do I apply for this grant?
You must complete an application form. Application forms will be available beginning September 1 and can be submitted between September 1 and September 25. Applications will NOT be accepted after September 25 (postmarked). Providers who apply will be notified of award/denial after November 1.
- How is it determined whether or not I will receive funding?
Due to limited funds available, your application may only receive partial funding. Once you submit an application to CCR&R, it will be reviewed to see if it is complete and includes all required attachments. If your application is not complete, it will not be considered for funding. Your current license status is verified by a county licensor. If your application is complete and your license is in good standing, your application is forwarded to the Regional Grants Advisory Committee. They will score your application and determine whether or not the application will be funded, as well as the amount of funding.
- Get Started NOW
There are a few things you can do to get an early start on the training requirements:
- Attend a FREE grant workshop
At the workshop, you will receive a grant application and learn how to fill it out.
Child Care Aware
7th & Washington Ave - PO Box 159
Montevideo, MN 56265
(320)269-8727 or (800)292-5437